Monday, October 10, 2005

Functional MRI done

Mark had his functional MRI today, but we really don't have any more news than that.
I sat in on the scans and could definately see the small tumor and the surrounding swelling.
They're going to do the analysis today and should have the results to the doctor by tomorrow.
We'll also have the full lung xray report tomorrow.

We're making an appointment to meet with another neurosurgeon for a second opinion, but don't have a date set yet.

Lots of people have sent me websites and information and other stuff to look into, so I've been digging into all of that.
I'm collecting information about different types of treatments so that I can bring it up for discussions when we meet with all of the upcoming neurosurgeons. For example, (Gabe knows about this one) I know that UCLA and Hoag both have "gamma knife" procedures available.

Let me know if anyone has any questions that want answered