Tuesday, October 18, 2005

weird things at church

We went to church on Sunday. They announced about Mark's condition so that people would pray for healing. It was pretty emotional to see all of the concern. A couple of weird things happened though...

Our pastor mentioned that he was talking to some people and he thought he heard that there might be a cluster of brain tumor incidents in our area. This is all hearsay, so I guess I'm going to have to pull an Erin Brokovich and start looking into this. Obviously the thought of this is very scary and I hope it doesn't turn out to be some sort of localized environment cause.

The other weird thing was that there was this kooky woman at church that came up and grabbed me and boldly let me know that doctors were corrupt and that they abuse the power of healing. She said that Mark looked fine to her and that the doctors were making it up so they can get my money. She said she worked in the industry and knew for a fact that doctors would remove body parts, just because they could and not because they had to. She also implied that I didn't know that the films that I saw of Mark's tumor were really his. What a nut! Didn't really need some crackpot hassling me right now!